All Australian domestic students must meet the following entry requirements:
- Domestic Australian students must be a minimum of 15 years of age to study business and management, hospitality management and commercial cookery courses and 17 years of age to study all health and community services courses.
- Australian students under 17 years of age must have Notice of Arrangements (NoA) or a Section 24 exemption form in place before they can enrol in a course.
- All domestic government funded students must hold the right to live and work in Australia permanently without any conditions on their visas. For government funded programs, students must hold a valid Medicare Card or Health Care Card for concession fees.
- All domestic students need to demonstrate they have proficiency in Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills. Students may be required to sit an LLN test before a place can be offered.
- For certificate III level courses, students must have completed a minimum of Year 10 schooling or equivalent, with pass marks in English and Mathematics or be a mature age student (20 years of age and above).
- For direct entry into Diploma level courses, students must have completed a minimum of Year 12 schooling or equivalent or be a mature age student with relevant work experience (20 years of age and above).
- For direct entry into Advanced Diploma level courses, students must have completed an Australian qualification at diploma level or equivalent.
Alternative /Mature age Entry
APSI offers several admission alternatives and a holistic approach to assessing individual applicants, including the opportunity of an interview combined with consideration of a recognised certificate, overseas qualifications or two years of relevant work experience.
Recognition of Prior Learning
APSI supports the Australian Qualifications Framework with the objective of facilitating pathways to, and through, formal qualifications. In support of this objective all academic studies and prior learning will be taken into consideration when applying to APSI.
APSI will grant credit transfer for the same unit with the same unit code awarded by other RTOs in Australia. Please complete a credit transfer application form with all supporting documents at the time of application. If the credit transfer is approved, students are exempted from studying the same unit and are offered alternative units or a reduction in fees and course duration.