When you are beginning your search for a job, a good way to prepare yourself is making sure your resume is job ready.
This one day short course Responsible service of Alcohol (RSA) helps you to be aware of alcohol laws such as:
• The amount of alcohol a drink can contain
• How many drinks an individual person can have at the same time
• How to deal with intoxicated people (when a person has consumed more drinks than they should) and what is the correct procedure when you come across an intoxicated patron.
By completing your RSA, and having it listed on your resume you are opening yourself up to a wider range of job opportunities. As most jobs for students are in the hospitality industry in areas such as restaurants and cafes, it also includes bars and nightclubs where it is a requirement to have a valid RSA for the relevant State.
It is not only required for bartenders who are preparing and selling the drinks directly, but also for “glassies” (those collecting empty glasses and bottles) and anyone that is working on the bar.
Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) allows students to understand and comply with the legal responsibilities associated with the service of alcohol and Harm Minimisation.
It covers the following topics:
- Problems associated with excessive consumption
- Alcohol and relevant state or territory legislation, licensing requirements
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly
- Facts About alcohol
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol affected customers and identify those to whom sale or service must be refused
- How to refuse to provide alcohol in a professional manner
- How to handling difficult customers by using appropriate communication and conflict resolution skills
Group bookings and off-site delivery are available. Please email to email@example.com for details
Participants can start part one of the training online at any time once full payment is paid.
Participant must complete a four-hour face to face practical training and observation skills workshop at APSI’s simulated hospitality training centre – The Culinary Hub in East Perth The time for the practical session will be confirmed upon confirmation of enrolment
(Please contact us for the latest confirmed intake dates)
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered in two parts.
Part 1 is self-paced e-learning whereas participants are given a full set of course materials for self-paced studies. Participants must complete all reading materials and complete the knowledge questions before attending part 2 of the course.
Part 2 is a four-hour practical observation and assessment where you are required to demonstrate your practical skills via observation, incident report, role plays and different scenarios.
Once you have successfully completed the knowledge and practical assessments, a statement of attainment will usually be issued within two working days.
Part 1 – Self-paced learning and completion of knowledge quiz through APSI online portal at your own pace.
Part 2 – Practical workshop – a 3-to-4 hour workshop at APSI East Perth campus
A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued upon satisfactory completion of Part one and Part two assessments.
English Language Requirements
All participants must have a minimum of intermediate level of English before they can enrol in this course.
Proof of English level may be required at the time of enrolment.
- $150 per person
- All fees must be paid in advance before course commencement
- Please refer to short courses terms & conditions and refund policy, please click here.
Uniform is not required for RSA Students.
You are required to wear flat covered non-slip shoes for practical training
Location of Delivery
Part 1 – online self-paced learning through our e-learning portal
Part 2 – Australian Professional Skills Institute, Wellington Fair, 200 Wellington Street, East Perth WA 6004
The information contained on this website is current at the time of publishing. Australian Professional Skills Institute reserves the right to change the admission requirements, fees, location of delivery and units of competency whenever necessary. Please contact us for the most current information.